The Curtain Driver is meant for retrofit applications. That is, that they are meant to be conveniently installed into existing, non-smart tracks.
The Homesmart Aqara Smart Curtain Control, on the other hand, is a fully integrated motor + track system that is built as a smart motorized control from the ground up. It has several benefits over the Curtain Driver E1:
- Faster opening and closing speeds
- Consistent and reliable performance
- Silent operation
- Plugged-in power that doesn’t require recharging or risk battery degradation (but requires power socket)
- Only requires 1 motor + track for centre-open curtains (the Curtain Driver E1 requires two drivers)
- 50 kg weight limit and 6 metre track length limit. The Curtain Driver E1 has a 12 kg limit and no track limit, although battery life will shorten considerably for longer tracks.
Generally, clients who are installing new curtains and tracks into their new projects will enjoy much better performance by choosing the Aqara Smart Curtain Control. Clients who already have existing curtains will benefit from the Aqara Curtain Driver E1.