Please note the following terms and conditions for our smart door lock installations. By proceeding with the installation, you are agreeing to these terms.
If you do not accept, please let us know and we will make alternative arrangements.
Smart Door Lock Installation Terms and Conditions
- Installing a new smart door lock usually requires drilling, cutting, and hacking works on your door, door leaves, and door frames (depending on doors). You will not be able to restore your door and locks to their original condition.
- Once confirmed, installation charges are not refundable. If our installer confirms that the lock can be installed, but, for any reason, client decides not to install the lock, the installation charge will not be refunded.
- Above clause does not apply if our installer confirms that it is impossible to install the lock on the door. In this case, a refund will be made for both installation and item.
- There will be a $80 administrative fee charged to clients who cancel or change the date/time of the appointment with less than 72 hours’ notice.
- During installation, there may be some gaps at the side of the door lock, or in areas occupied by the old lock. The installer will try to patch it up as best as he can.
- Our installer will ensure that your lock is functioning mechanically but will not be setting it up for you on the app. Setting up is a relatively simple affair with on-app instructions.
- If your door has an existing handlebar, you may find the lock more comfortable to use if you remove the handlebar and cover the holes with metal caps. This is not included in the door lock installation and will be billed separately by the installer. The price is usually $5 per piece.
- If your door has a door closer, this door closer may need to be adjusted after the installation of the lock for the door to close gently/fully. Adjustment of door closer is not included in our installation. Most-times, it is a simple DIY job (but you may require tools).
- The smart door lock has two sets of emergency keys. These keys must be kept outside your home so that in the event of an emergency, you will be able to access your home.
- Condominiums and MCSTs may have some by-laws regarding the change of door locks, handles, and facades. Our obligation to you is only to change your lock. We recommend that you communicate with your MCST management for any requirements.
- In the event that there is any dispute between your MCST management and you, PFE Technologies Pte Ltd (us) and its third-party contractors and will not be held accountable nor liable.
- If you are a tenant, and there is any dispute between your landlord and you, PFE Technologies Pte Ltd and its third-party contractors and will not be held accountable nor liable.
- If any reinstatement is required, we will not be held liable for any costs.
- Once installed, we are unable to provide refunds for both the door lock and for installation charges.
By proceeding with the installation, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.